July 18, 2013

April 2012 brings Abby Jae

April 2012 was an exciting time because we got a new addition to our family! Abby Jae Solis arrived on April 9, 2012 at 9:25 pm. She has been such a wonderful little spirit and brings so much happiness to us all. We are so glad she came into our life.

This picture below was taken the week before Abby came. I'm about ready to pop as you can see. I also retained a lot of water during this pregnancy! :(

It all happened Easter weekend. The weekend of Easter Kori was able to do a couple Easter egg hunts with cousins and found about 4 eggs, then realized what was in them and stopped everything to eat what was inside.


During the time we were at my sister Emily's place for Easter I decided to take some Castor oil to help move things along because I didn't want Jacob to have to go into work the coming Monday. So, that night I started having contractions. They were about 7 minutes apart and around 5:30 the next morning I decided we should probably go to the hospital. Well, as soon as we get to the hospital my contractions totally stop. They came only about every 30 minutes after that. So, needless to say they sent me home because I wasn't even dilated or anything. So, we go home and get some rest. Well, that night on Easter around 7 pm I start getting contractions again. They started out about 7 minutes apart again. And then throughout the night they start getting further apart. By the time I woke up the next morning they were a good 15 to 20 minutes apart. I had a doctor's appointment that Monday morning at 9:30 am so we went and I made Jacob call off that day because I didn't want him to drive all the way to stateline and miss Abby's delivery. So he went with me to the doctor appointment and the doctor checked me out. Turns out I was 5 cm already! Awesome! So, Jacob asked if we could get admitted to the hospital and give me some pitocin to help move things along. And they did. I was admitted and was given pitocin. I ended up having Abby at 9:25 pm that night. She was 7 lb 2 oz and 18.3" long. She was beautiful with thick dark hair and dark eyes.

Poor Kori didn't want anything to do with her. She ignored her until we brought her home with us. Finally she acknowledged her by saying, "Baby!"

Unfortunately there was a snag in bringing Abby home. We weren't able to bring her home because some of her blood work showed something growing in her bloodstream. The doctors had to wait for some more blood work to be done on her to make sure it wasn't just a contaminate that had gotten into her blood work. So, she was admitted into the NICU where she spent two nights. Finally after all her blood work was done, she was released. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her. So we were able to take her home! Yay!

Welcome to the world baby Abby! We love you.
Post a Comment