November 25, 2011

A Solis Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year, we decided to stay home and have our own turkey dinner and just spend some quiet time with just us. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. I loved being able to cook the Thanksgiving meal and be at home with the people I love the most in this world. My husband, Jacob, is such a wonderful man. I can't believe he actually chose me to be his eternal companion. I feel so lucky every time I look at him. And of course, Kori. She has taught me so much in the short time she's been here. I love being able to be at home with her every day. I only hope I can teach her all the things that she needs to learn and be there for her. I look forward to watching her grow into a beautiful woman. This Thanksgiving had to be one of my favorites. :)

Our menu consisted of: Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes and gravy, Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Corn, Olives, Winter Salad and Rhodes Rolls. And dessert was pumpkin squares and vanilla ice cream. Yummy!




Kori enjoyed her first Thanksgiving dinner. She did good and ate her whole plate of food. :)

2 comments:

The Vickrey's said...

I love all your updated posts....oh and the boxes too that you still haven't unpacked, just giving you a hard time. Love you sis and you look great!

srldesign said...

Lisa! You did a great job with the dinner..and whoa, check out that turkey! haha! Love ya!